Jake Barr - CEO & Principal, BlueWorld Supply Chain Consulting LLC
Retired Global Director, Supply Network Operations – Procter & Gamble
Having completed a 33-year career with the Procter & Gamble Company, Jake became a principal and CEO with BlueWorld Supply Chain Consulting LLC., where he now provides consulting support to a cross section of top Fortune 500 companies.
During his tenure with P&G he directed the Global Supply Network Design efforts, in addition to being the discipline Director for Supply Network Operations.
Jake began his career with P&G in Finance in Risk Analysis and then moved into Operations. He has worked across the breadth of P&G’s business units during his career. One of the architects for P&G’s demand driven supply strategy, this work has become the key enabler to P&G’s efforts to make the consumer and shopper the primary focus of the supply network. He has experience in building supply network capability globally through leadership assignments in Asia, Latin America and North America.
Led business transformation project which reengineered P&G’s end to end planning operations (5,000+ employees) into eight world class integrated planning centers generating nearly $500MM in ongoing savings and next generation.
He currently serves as:
- Research Associate for MIT and a member of Supply Chain 2020 Industry Advisory Council;
- Member of Gartner’s Supply Chain Think Tank;
- Consumer Goods Advisory Panel;
- Board member of Industry Global Supply Chain Talent & Academic Initiative;
- Named Transformational Leader of the Year at SCM Leaders on Demand Summit – 2013
- One of Procter & Gamble’s lifetime inductees of the Magnus Society for Supply Chain excellence