Jeffrey M. Luft, CLTD
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920 USA
Supply Chain / Operations / Logistics Leader
Increasing Revenue and Reducing Costs through Improvements to the Supply Chain Process
Supply chain, operations, logistics leader with extensive experience in complex environments, sales and operations planning (S&OP), international product management, process optimization, distribution, transportation and technology.
- Proven track record for accomplishing tasks that seemed unsolvable. Known as “go-to-guy” to complete supply chain projects lacking sufficient and timely resources.
- Identifies opportunities to streamline Supply Chain processes to increase sales, reduce expenses.
- Successfully motivates both Suppliers and Third Party Logistics (3PL) vendors to adhere to corporate standards of quality and cost containment while complying with timeline requirements.
- Has extensive international experience working with diverse cultural practices and navigating complex government regulations.
- Skilled project team leader and team member across matrixed internal and external organizations.
- Customer Facing Environment
- IoT – Big Data
- New Product Introductions
- Sales and Operational Planning
- Regulatory Compliance
- Cross-Functional Team Leadership
- Vendor/Supplier Management
- Supply Chain Metrics – Data Driven
- Digital Transformation/Experience
- Strategic Vision
- Thought Leadership
- Pricing Strategies
- Distribution (3PL)
- Consumer Products
- Supply Chain Security
- Demand Management
FEDORA CONSULTING, LLC [Strategic Supply Chain Solutions], Basking Ridge, NJ Aug 2010 - Present
Leading operational change throughout the Supply Chain; focusing on Continuity, Resiliency, Transformation and Risk Management. Provides thought leadership in the areas of Supplier Management, Sales & Operations Planning, and process improvement.
- Worked with a major electronics company as they considered introducing a new B2B product line in North America. Provided recommendations on product positioning including strengths and weaknesses in a crowded competitive landscape, and a pricing strategy.
- Worked with US affiliate of a Swiss CPG firm and recommended changes inventory levels and replenishment orders. Reviewed sales, transportation cost and inventory write-offs to develop revised order frequency for A, B, and C codes.
Verizon Enterprise Solutions, Basking Ridge, NJ Jul 2014 – Mar 2017
Global Practice Leader, Transportation & Distribution Verticals
Led marketing strategy, channel development, and solution development for Verizon’s Transportation & Distribution verticals. Targeted and engaged with C-level, especially CIO and CSO, on how Verizon solutions and technology improve and protect the Supply Chain, including Cloud, Analytics, Intelligent Networking, Mobility, IoT and Security. Generated and provided Thought Leadership for executive briefings, customer meetings and engaged with the press and analyst community as a spokesperson for a $5.3bn addressable market.
- Maintained annual revenue in excess of $300M by creating Supply Chain specific technology solutions,
- Identified and managed partner relationships combining Verizon products and services, with those of select partners to solve industry problems.
- Developed market sizing and opportunity analysis for the Transportation and Distribution industries used by Verizon leadership to make investments and decisions on sales and marketing efforts.
- Developed materials and marketing strategy for trade shows and customer events.
- Created and delivered executive presentations, to customers looking for a strategic technology direction.
WEIGHT WATCHERS INTERNATIONAL, New York, NY Jan 2012 – May 2012
Director, Supply Chain
Led Supply Chain organization in the areas of planning, transportation, warehouse and distribution operations, and inventory management. Managed budget of $30M+. Conducted Supplier Business Reviews to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Generated annualized savings in excess of $1M through process improvements to both logistics and distribution operations.
- Designed changes to quarterly field physical inventory process (9,000+ retail locations) which reduced errors and minimized financial adjustments by 75%.
- Developed the framework for a Direct Ship model which reduced both transportation and warehouse expense, as well as time-in-transit.
Avaya Incorporated, Basking Ridge, NJ 1998 – 2010
Inventory Manager, Manufacturing, Logistics & Procurement (2010)
Generated revenue by identifying, implementing initiatives to distribute slow-moving products through alternative sales channels. Leveraged existing channels, liquidated inventory via Business-to-Business auctions and sales to resellers. Excess inventory was a result of Avaya’s acquisition of Nortel networks.
- Generated $2M+ in incremental revenue and Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, Amortization (EBITDA).
- Streamlined, consolidated excess inventory disposition process for Avaya and Nortel following merger; resulted in ongoing incremental revenue stream. Accomplished by applying six sigma principles through a Kaizen event.
- Mapped process to assess value of each step. Identified, eliminated wasteful procedures to improve efficiency, resulted in a single, dedicated efficient process.
Enterprise Quality Manager (ISO 9001), Manufacturing, Logistics & Procurement (2009 – 2010)
Ensured continued Corporate ISO 9001 certification through implementation of a Quality Management System (QMS) ISO 9001 within Manufacturing, Logistic & Procurement organization.
- Developed and implemented semi-annual ISO 9001 Management Review.
- Prepared local sites for ISO 9001 audits. Followed up on audit findings to ensure that Corrective / Preventive Actions were implemented for continued certification.
Manufacturing and Operations Manager, Global Operations (2003 – 2009)
Lifecycle Product Manager, Small and Medium Business Group (2001 – 2003)
Managed activities related to timely, cost-effective procurement, inventory control, planning and quality control of production materials, with a dedicated focus toward small and mid-size business communications solutions. Conducted on-site selection of contract manufacturing facilities and quarterly business reviews.
- Achieved 6% reduction in Supply Chain costs with an average Manufacture Value Add of 10%.
- Managed transfer of multiple manufacturing lines, tooling and raw materials, from a vendor in Mexico to a vendor in China. Ensured all products passed both First Article Inspection (FAI) and quality control prior to approving release to mass production.
- Contributed $22M+ to Operating Income by leading a global cross-functional project team to remove discontinued and low volume materials.
- Savings resulted from strategically reducing non-sellable materials 50% without impacting customer demand.
- Generated $7.5M in cost savings by developing and implementing a program with distribution partners in North America to upgrade older inventories versus authorizing product returns.
- Formulated a strategy, and then led a cross functional internal team and outside counsel to be awarded a ruling from U.S. Customs granting favorable Country of Origin status for the production and distribution of products from China to the U.S. Government.
International Product Manager, Global Small Medium Business Solutions (SMB) (1998 – 2001)
Managed $24M portfolio of communications systems in 35 countries. Oversaw new product introductions, manufacturing forecasts, inventory balances and channel support. Developed revenue and margin targets to ensure profitability, had P&L responsibility for international product portfolio.
- Generated $20M+ in incremental revenue by converting a product exit strategy to an opportunistic revenue strategy by initiating relationships with local distributors to purchase remaining inventory.
- Oversaw the end of a joint venture manufacturing agreement in India, including liquidation of inventory, compensation for unused raw materials.
Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) The Association of Operations Managers (APICS)
Former Board Member, NJ Roundtable
Institute of Supply Management (ISM) Association of Continuity Planners (ACP)
Awarded APICS CLTD certification (Certified in Logistics, Transportation, & Distribution) October 2016education
The George Washington University | Washington, DC
- Masters Certificate in Project Management
Thomas Edison State College | Trenton, NJ
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration