It is great having Alina Beskrovna on the Supply Chain Insights team and getting to know her! We want you to get to know her too. So we sat down with Alina, Research Analyst at Supply Chain Insights. Check out this short interview to to see what she's been up to. If you'd like to get in touch with her you can drop her a note here on Beet Fusion to find out more or connect with her on LinkedIn.
1. Tell us about yourself. What do you do in supply chain?
I hold a Master’s in Applied Math from Kyiv-Mohyla Academy in Kyiv, Ukraine and an MBA in Finance from Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA.
My previous work experience included working as an International Business Analyst at the Lehigh University Small Business Development Center and running investing strategy for the former Financial Minister of Estonia. Currently I work as a research analyst.
2. What cool thing are you working on now?
At Supply Chain Insights, I am focusing on financial data analysis and trying to understand which supply chain metrics are the most reliable predictors of supply chain effectiveness.
3. What is your best piece of career advice?
Continuous learning: make yourself invaluable by learning the necessary skills you may be lacking.
4. What hobbies do you pursue in your leisure time?
I read in Ukrainian so as not to forget it, hike, and volunteer with the local EMS crew.
5. What topics are you most excited about discussing with other members in Beet Fusion?
Actionable analytics and insight implementation
6. What supply chain trends of evolution are you anticipating will change your business?
My prediction is the following: the way businesses utilize actionable analytics will become a deal breaker. Businesses that manage to move from simple batch analytics reports to big data tools AND implement actionable insights will reinvent their markets.