With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
Customer Service & Logistics
Scope of the position:
- Responsible for leading all aspects of the Centre of Excellence (COE) Integrated Business Planning (IBP) initiatives including processes and tools in the region, following industry and company best practices in the Region in close collaboration with BU Leadership in the Region.
- Responsibilities are carried out in a variety of capacities, including internal expert and also leader and influencer of change and continuous improvement. Execution of job responsibilities requires close coordination with Headquarters COE Leaders, Project Leaders in Region and BU’s, and external consultants.
- Ensures that all phases of IBP are executed according to best practice, including assessment, initial diagnostic, leadership orientation, project training, implementation and ongoing audit and assessment (sustain) phases of IBP. Works closely with COE, Region and BU leadership and BU resources in preparation of and realization of implementation plans. Significant time will be spent working directly with the Category General Managers as well as Demand, Supply and Sales Planning
- Plays a key leadership role in ensuring the success of initial roll-outs and implementation of IBP.
- Builds the Road Map for the Region for IBP and builds supporting business case.
- Ensures process excellence for processes supporting IBP such as Portfolio Management.
- Implements necessary metrics, scorecards and KPI’s to ensure success tracking.
- Strong Advocate for process excellence in Region
- Leads the Regional Management Business Review and supports the Regional President in understanding the current state of the business 24 months out.
- What changed from prior cycle/month
- What decisions are required for the business • State up to date on the current state of the individual categories in the region by engaging daily with the Category IBP leads • In the absence of the Category IBP lead, the Regional IBP can substitute in to ensure meetings are facilitated and content is developed 2. Report Progress Metrics and Success Indicators • Provides period updates on key project timelines for IBP. • Ensures that the balanced score card metrics are being incorporated into the IBP Process Meetings. • Ensures that Portfolio Metrics are being reported. • Gathers and publicizes key success stories and shares to enlist support for IBP across NA and Developing Markets. 3. Lead Sustainability Plank for IBP, including ongoing training, assessment, auditing • Person in this position will be thoroughly trained in the Oliver Wight Methodology, and the expectation is that this person will also be certified as an instructor, auditor, and assessor. • Work closely with Global IBP COE and local ISC Directors to ensure approach and timeline for training and assessment are coordinated. • Provides periodic training for individuals and teams responsible for executing IBP process steps. • Identifies key talent and people, ensuring that competencies and skills are aligned with organizational needs for successful IBP implementation and sustainability. • Where processes are lacking and remedial intervention is necessary, provides expertise and through observation, recommends and ensures implementation of corrective actions. • Provides periodic reports of the overall health measures for each key process area of IBP 4. Leads Assessment, Diagnostic and Leadership Engagement Phase of Integrated Business Planning • Follows standardized Oliver Wight model for assessment against best in class standards for the various process steps of IBP • Leads the diagnostic phase, with possible participation of external consultants through observation of existing IBP processes, interviews with BU Leadership Team, supplemented with guided self-assessment. • Together with Senior Leadership in the Region, builds the case for change designed to engage and enlist the support of BU Leadership, Board of Management and key process leaders. Uses knowledge of best in class success stories in Mondelez and outside Mondelez to excite, engage and enlist leaders. Quantifiable benefits identified, including service, cash, cost, growth. • Successful Achievement of this key responsibility results in full ownership and full engagement from the Category President and Regional Management. 5. Leads Implementation Phase of IBP • Creates the road map for BU and Region implementation, in close consultation with Region & Category leadership and Global IBP. • Assembles the resource plan, project team requirements and time line for Category and Region implementation • Actively participates in Design Workshops and ensures that Region Requirements are represented appropriately, and that the design is consistent with the Best in Class Model prescribed by the Oliver Wight and the Global IBP COE • Follows the Best in Class Proven Path for successful implementation as prescribed by Mondelez experience and COE Standards, based on Oliver Wight Model for IBP. • Coordinates implementation plan with the Global IBP COE, ensuring application of best in class tools and approach. • Provides appropriate coaching, direction and guidance for the teams that are implementing IBP, through observation and participation in multiple monthly cycles of each IBP process. • Engages with key users leading process steps to ensure compliance with best in class process execution. Where necessary, corrective actions and guidance are provided. • Ensures that process metrics and the balance scorecard of business results are included in the implementation and execution phases of IBP. • Incorporates Capacity:Demand (C:D) ratios used as a part of the Supply Review, Demand Review and Integrated Reconciliation. • Provides regular updates to Region and Category Leadership as to IBP progress, including balanced score card results, examples of success stories, examples of challenges faced. • Ensures that portfolio management process outcomes and portfolio complexity are regularly addressed as a part of IBP. • Provide direction, support and effort to below the line coaching and development Internal and external contacts:
- Regional President: Weekly/ Monthly engagement to ensure transparency on latest views to the 24 month plan
- Category Presidents: Weekly engagement to state up to date on activities to accelerate 24 month latest estimate and close revenue and OI gaps
- Category IBP Leads: Daily Engagement to assist in communication and training
- Planning Leads (Sales, Supply and Demand): weekly engagement on training, education and continuous improvement
- Global IBP Team: weekly engagement on best practice sharing and education
- Regional IBP Peers: weekly engagement on knowledge sharing
- Bachelor’s degree
- General Work Experience (10 yr Min)
- Planning Experience (Sales, Demand, Supply) (10 yr Min)
- Project Management (5 yr Min)
- Experience outside of Mondelez (desired)
- Strong presentation, communications, influencing skills and motivational skills. Interpersonal savvy
- Command Skills, Presence
- Being able to Tell it Like it Is
- Strategic agility, business acumen, process management.
- Comfort around higher management
- Understanding of Process Linkages across the entire supply chain